About This Video
You may not realize you’ve actually been injured till your adrenaline dies down. It’s important to check for the following symptoms after an accident. * Headaches usually develop several days after an accident and can be a sign of blood clot in the brain, serious concussion, injury to the head or neck.
- Back pain can be a sign of injuries to the nerves, muscles, ligaments, or severe damage to the vertebrae.
- Abdominal pain or swelling could be a cause of internal bleeding. Internal bleeding can be life-threatening and must be treated by emergency medical personnel.
- Numbness the loss of feeling can be due to damage to the neck or spinal column. Numbness can also be caused due to whiplash injury.
- Whiplash is the most common delayed symptom. Whiplash injuries require x-rays, CT scans, or MRIs. These injuries are a common occurrence during rear end collisions even with speeds as little as 14 mph, and can be very serious.
- PTSD post Trumatic stress disorder is common, especially after severe accidents. Victims often have a hard time getting back on the road and the thought of driving can cause severe anxiety. Flashbacks, nightmares, and vivid memories, are likely to affect the victims every day life.
- Changes in personality. Changes in personality or physical function can be a sign that there’s a severe concussion or brain injury. Signs to look out for can be found on our concussion discussion blog post.
I hope you guys find this video helpful! If you’d like to know more check out our blogs. We have so much information on what to do after an accident, symptoms to look out for, and how to handle accident litigation. Big thanks to APM for sponsoring this video!